We are seeking a Financial Planner who desires to develop a specialty in divorce planning.
The successful individual is responsible for leading our divorce planning practice, cultivating relationships with mediators, family lawyers and other centers of influence, providing ongoing service to existing clients, on-boarding new clients, and sourcing new business opportunities through relationship development.
We are a boutique financial firm with a focus on divorce and post-divorce financial planning. The principal, Chris Chen, is well known in the divorce community. He has been on the board of the Association of Divorce Financial Planners, the national organization of professional divorce financial planners. He has trained and mentored several Divorce Financial Planners.
- Develop and recommend strategies that clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including specific recommendations in areas such as cash management, insurance coverage, and investment planning;
- Build relationships and develop business for company’s divorce planning practice;
- Build and maintain client bases, keeping current client plans up-to-date and recruit new clients on an ongoing basis;
- Guide clients through the information gathering process;
- Present plan documents and recommendations;
- Explain and document the types of services that are to be provided to each client;
- Collaborate with other team members in specialty areas including investments, insurance, pension and group benefits to develop comprehensive financial plans;
- Excellent organization and documentation skills necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Masters or JD preferred;
- 3+ years direct client experience in financial services required;
- Prior experience as financial planner with a CFP designation or progress towards the designation;
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst designation;
- Ability to collaborate with team members to develop and implement comprehensive financial plans;
- Proven business development experience;
- Ability to present to professionals and clients on technical planning topics;
- Excellent communication and pro-active client service skills.